Cyber Essentials / Plus
Swift, streamlined and secure – the fastest and most secure way to achieve Cyber Essentials. Complete the entire process online with KNOX Cyber Security.
PRICES STARTING AT ONLY £300 + VAT
Cyber Essentials is an industry-supported certification scheme developed by the UK Government. The certification scheme provides criteria for organizations to measure their cyber-security systems by measuring and implementing 5 key controls, that can prevent 80% of cyber attacks.
Our Cyber Essentials Solution Services
This is designed for organisations that may have a familiarity with the Cyber Essentials Scheme. It includes the costs of assessing your application (completed online). Organisations that are certified to Cyber Essentials will automatically receive Cyber Insurance if they certify their entire organisation, are domiciled in the UK and have an annual turnover under £20m. All for £300 + VAT.
This is designed for organisations that may need a little help to define their scope, or to prepare for answering the control questions. This service includes all within our Do It Yourself service, plus: A documentation toolkit, and 2 hours of online or telephone consultancy and guidance. All for £650 +VAT.
This is designed for organsiations that have little to no experience of the Cyber Essentials scheme. We will offer a full ‘hand holding’ experience to walk you through the process. This service includes all within our ‘Get Some Help’ service, however, instead of 2 hours of online or telephone consultancy, we will come to your site for a full day of consultancy. All for £1450 + VAT.
Cyber Essentials Plus
Cyber Essentials Plus is the highest level of certification offered under the Cyber Essentials scheme, an official UK wide, government-backed certification that helps companies guard against the most common cyber threats and reduce your risk by at least 80%.
Cyber Essentials Plus ensures you have the five technical controls needed in place, with cybersecurity verification completed by a CyberSmart regulated auditor. This audit is the key difference between Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus.
For a no obligation quotation, please drop us an email at CEPlus@information-assurance.co.uk and we’ll get back to you right away!
Why should you get a Cyber Essentials Certification?
The government’s Cyber Essentials page states: “Cyber criminals don’t just attack banks and large companies – they target any organisation which isn’t properly protected, even small businesses – like yours”.
Cyber Essentials has numerous benefits for organisations looking to achieve certification to the scheme.
- It’s cost-effective. The standard cyber essentials certification with KNOX will always be £300+Vat. When seeking out cyber insurance, a cyber essentials certificate for your organisation can significantly lower your premium.
- It’s government endorsed. Cyber Essentials is a government-endorsed certification scheme, which allows your organisation to bid for government contracts. We’ve seen an exponential increase in organisations making Cyber Essentials mandatory for their supply chain, especially for government sectors such as the Ministry Of Defence (MOD) or the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA).
- Stand out from your competitors. By displaying the certification badge on your website, you are demonstrating to your clients that your organisation has met government standards to ensure measures in place for keeping the clients’ information secure.
- Meet the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. When the new GDPR rules reach the UK, organisations can be fined from the EU 4% of their annual global turnover if they suffer from a breach. Cyber Essentials implementation will help organisations meet the requirements.
Why was Cyber Essentials Introduced?
The cyber space climate is such that instances of cyber security breaches are becoming increasingly frequent. Many organisations are making the wise move of implementing controls such as ISO27001 – but such efforts only constitute a single aspect of an over-arching cyber security strategy.
Cyber Essentials has been developed to address the need for government and wider industry to ensure that their partners and suppliers are implementing a standard level of cyber security. Certification in Cyber Essentials not only instils confidence in the organisation achieving certification – but allows the organisation to provide evidence to its customers and stakeholders that their assets and data are resilient against cyber threats.
Which controls does Cyber Essentials cover?
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways – prevention of unauthorised access
- Secure configuration – ensures secure system configuration
- Access Control – ensures appropriate access to systems
- Malware protection – installation and maintenance of virus and malware protection
- Patch management – application of patches and ensuring the latest version of applications is used
What levels of Cyber Essentials assessments do KNOX provide?
Cyber Essentials certification will provide a basic level of confidence that an organization has implemented cyber security controls effectively.
At KNOX Cyber Security, we are a Certification Body (CB) for Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus and the IASME Governance Standard.
What are the benefits of Cyber Essentials / Cyber Essentials Plus certification?
- Provides cost-effective, basic cyber security for organisations of all sizes
- Demonstrates that an organisation meets one of the eligibility requirements when bidding for UK Government contracts
- Can reduce the risk of prevalent cyber-attacks on an organisation
- Differentiate yourself from your competitors by demonstrating that you take cyber security seriously
- The Defence Cyber Protection Partnership (DCPP) advocates Cyber Essentials as the first of four levels of Cyber risk.